Reduced installation cost and maximized installation options
The M-Link concept is a proven concept developed by MoorLink as a cost enhanced alternative to connect polyester mooring lines. With the hollow pin design (pat. pending) we have managed to integrate advantages which makes it a very competitive alternative solution for connecting polyester/composite mooring lines.
- Easier installation by eliminating the need for a large and heavy spool and allowing easier handling of the pin with a special handling tool.
- The M-link can stand vertically and unsupported on deck.
- Lower weight compared to links using solid shafts and spools or thimbles.
- The risk of damaging the rope in way of the connector is minimized by designing the side plates larger then to rope OD with a margin.
- Easy to hang off the outboard load when connecting the next segment.
- The allowance for handling/prestretching structural capacity is ”unlimited” by utilizing a composite sling through the main hollow shaft.
|Certified by ABS, DNV GL or others|
|Long Term Mooring (LTM)|
|Hollow or solid axis|
Available for chain to rope, rope to rope and chain to chain connections.