With over 50 years of experience operating in North America, Delmar Systems has spent considerable time performing in the US and Mexico Gulf of Mexico, West Coast, East Coast, and Alaska.
Delmar Systems in North America
Since 1994, we’ve set and broken the most water depth world records for mooring projects in the Gulf of Mexico, with 9,725’ (2,964m) as our deepest anchor to date connected to a Mobile Offshore Drilling Unit (MODU). We use our locations across North America to pioneer new equipment, software, and technologies that are then introduced to our clients and worksites around the world.
- Pioneered the use of bearing swivels in mooring lines
- Developed “deepwater chain chasers”
- Developed inline chain chaser stoppers
- Developed the use of torque-neutral synthetic mooring lines
- Produced and introduced the Omni-Max anchor
- Developed the first manual mooring line release for MODU
- Concepted acoustic mooring line disconnection from the MODU
- Developed the first acoustic and manually redundant mooring line release device
- Turned anchor handling from high-risk operation to industry-leading HSE performance
- Developed and engineered the first semi-taught MODU mooring systems
- Developed the first true taught-line MODU moorings
- Developed the world’s first ROV-operable subsea mooring line connector